Marriage on TV: What a joke?

02:44 by tsup ug
Some people lack the ability to laugh at them selves, so I guess thats where I come in.
I have to admit that I really love laughing at those continuous mistakes people make especially the stupid ones. Does anyone remember when one of our ministers said mbu “disaster didn't give us enough time to prepare”? I laughed at that one for a month but that aside, I also rant a lot, either loudly or with pen but either way, a rant served cold is my thing.
So, I don't want you to look at this page with surprise, am simply laying out what my mind tells me.
I understand many of you have seen or heard of those weird TV shows with people's weddings, I was told they are so famous but, with all due respect Ugandans, which kind of entertainment do you derive from watching other people exchange vows and say a lot of sweet bu nothings about each other?
Why are these shows even famous? People, what happened to staff like marriage is a sacred institution between two people and their family or friends?
Marriage is a family institute when its between your well wishers and family, marriage on a TV show becomes Mubanda Wa Kabaka, Zari: The Boss Lady and for the uptown girls it becomes Kardashians with a very broke production.
What hurts is that all the weddings showed on TV are the copycat American wannabe types of weddings. In many foreigners' minds, those go down as a typical ugandan wedding. I guess if my grandfather left his grave for my sister's kwanjula and saw what the ceremony is, he will be more than willing to die for good.
Deluded is the best word to explain today's ceremonies and the TV shows in the name of  entertainment have exposed this, for God's sake why on earth do you have to dress some girls up like doctors and nurses I hear to check whether the Bakos are healthy and instead of doing ethat, they are busy dancing to whoever minds only to put flowers on the groom and friends.
Then the man dressed as woman comes to greet as senga, am sorry but which part of culture is this, ok may be dressing him in women attires may not be that insulting but he even dances on Beyonce's song, really. He even dares to shake his bosom like he was a video vixen of sorts.
What of the local artists that come to mime their songs on weddings? Seriously why not use a CD then? If the karaoke performance wasn't enough, they will go a head to do songs that totally have nothing to do with marriage, I mean the time I saw Bobi Wine do his Jennifer song on a kwanjula, I fainted.
Its all in the name of a wedding ceremony for TV, then the alien dressing, for God's sake we know you love the local artistes and Ekigunda but don't dress like them, a blue, purple, red and yellow Gomesi?? then the girls with hair styles that suggest they've been taking Straka serious.........
Has anyone ever heard their love story? “we met at campus, I was sleeping in Akamwesi but then relocated to his room so he could have an easy access to my heart......”, ehhhh.
I can't forget the totally fake families on such shows, the daughter has a borrowed American accent, the father sounds Nigerian but is Mukasa and the mum sounds Spanish yet she's from Ankole. They then claim to have stayed in the US for so long thus fake accents. The problem is, as the TV guy is shooting, he pans and intentionally or not captures the father speaking clear cut Luganda and later they will tell us that they forgot the language thus the reason to conduct the entire ceremony in broken English.
Seriously, all for TV, if it had been a family thing no one would even be bothered but now we are bothered because, its our TV and someone is making us watch a speech that goes like; Dad, am so proud of you, you've been like a father to me.................... if this babe didn't laugh at herself,
Then I give up.

0 comments:

Post a Comment